House of Cards (TV SERIES)

House of Cards. 2013.
HOUSE OF CARDS
Season One
Format: Netflix
Genre: Politics, Drama

Rating: 10 out of 10

SPOILERS.

Set in the present day of Washington D.C., Frank Underwood is a Democrat from South Carolina's 5th Congressional District and House Majority Whip. After numerous help to political campaigns of the new president, Frank is excited, or rather enthralled, on becoming Secretary of State....until news returns that he is passed over and is still 'needed in the House.' Frank, the most intelligent and forceful man in the business, decides that its a load of crap and that he wants revenge on those who wronged him. With the help of his wife Claire, they both try to forward their own agenda against President Walker. This intricate and rather rock solid plan has Frank and Claire selecting pawns carefully and using them to tear apart structures. He begins a sexy, taut affair with young political reporter Zoe Barnes who releases information about Frank's enemies to move them out of the way. Peter Russo, the not the most clean-cut congressman, is used to undermine the power Senator Michael Kern, and puts in place his choice of Catherine Durant. Frank eventually also gets an education bill reform taken care of and is able to kiss ass to the president. After Russo is built up from his drug habits, Frank sends him back into that spiraling coma, while Russo ends up killing himself instead. The governor of Pennsylvania is up in air, the old governor is the VP, Russo is dead, and nobody has a clue what to do. The VP steps down to governor, and Frank is left open to secure that VP spot for himself, his plan all along.

Dean is in Zombie Mode. Supernatural.
 I didn't know what I would think of the show, but I wanted to try it since it was Netflix's first original show they were putting out that began on the streaming provider. I have to say, I hate politics. I try to distance myself from them. I LOVE THIS SHOW. Frank Underwood is the most cunning genius I have come across and if I employed his strengths I would be the bestest at business, negotiation, and would probably win a round or two of Monopoly. I literally turned into zombie watching this show. Everything made me zone out and not disregard this show. Usually I am on my laptop as well as watching Netflix, but holy crap. I couldn't tear my face away from this show. I literally ate a whole box of Triskets.

WATCH THIS SHOW......so much.

Comments

Popular Posts